Ink to Paper :: September Release :: Day Two

Happy day to you, or rather, Happy Day Two to you :)  It's the second day of Ink to Paper's September release features and there are 3 sets we're taking a deep dive into.  You're sure to find something in the mix that you need (haha, I'm not enabling you or anything).


Up first is a stamp set called Deco Notes.  It features a fancy border with some large sentiments in an art deco style font.  It's a set you can use to make quick cards, and I always find those useful.


I went with a fun pink, red, and gold palette--I'm finding that I'm already using a lot of pink in my Christmas projects this year.  I started with a watercolored panel and just like yesterday, I used a re-inker mixed with water to achieve the color.  This time, it was Sweet Blush, and I'm loving the soft hues I'm getting.  If you have some re-inkers, you'll definitely want to try this at home!


I stamped the decorative border in Watermark ink and then embossed it in gold.  I stamped one side first, embossed, and then turned the panel to do the opposite side.  Then I stamped the Merry & Bright sentiment in Pure Poppy ink.  I found that my stamp positioning tool was a big help for this project.  I most often prefer not to use them, but with long & narrow or large area stamps, the positioner is a huge help.


Behind the pink panel is a mat of red glitter cardstock that lays on top of my Berry Sorbet card base.  The sentiments in this set aren't just for the holidays so I can switch out the 'Merry & Bright' for 'Happy Birthday' or 'Thank you' the next time I need something nice and a little fancy.

Supplies:
Stamps: Deco Notes
Ink: Pure Poppy, Watermark
Paper: Berry Sorbet, watercolor, red glitter
Other: Sweet Blush re-inker, paintbrush, gold embossing powder


My second card of the day took a bit longer to create, but when joy and snowflakes are involved, I don't mind a bit!  We're mixing Splendid Snowflakes and Season of Joy together and of course I used a little more pink!  The first thing I did was stamp and emboss a background of snowflakes.  They're white on a Dark Indigo background because I love white snowflakes on dark backgrounds.  I never see snow falling, let alone in the evenings where I live so I'll have to create my own wintry night!


I cut 3 flowery flakes from DI paper and topped them with 'joy' cut from Sweet Blush and red glitter paper.  I also embossed 'joy' on the pink letters for a bit more detail.  I adhered the pink letters to the red ones slightly offset, also for the extra detail.


If you loved the Pleasing Envelopes release from a couple of months ago, you'll be happy to know there are now dies to accompany the images in that set.  The glittery gold banner that runs behind my 'joy' message is from the new dies.


This is really just the tip of what you can do with Season of Joy and I can't wait to use it all season long.  There's a gorgeous wreath that I bet would be pretty anytime of the year by using seasonal colors.

Supplies:
Stamps: Season of Joy, Splendid Snowflakes
Ink: Watermark
Paper: Dark Indigo, Sweet Blush, gold & red glitter
Dies: Season of Joy, Splendid Snowflakes, Pleasing Envelopes: Special Delivery
Other: white embossing powder, 3-D foam dots

So much more can be seen on the Ink to Paper blog today--do have a look!  And remember that all of these stamps and die sets will be available for purchase on September 15 at 10pm EST.  Enjoy your Thursday!

Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca