The Stamp Market :: May Release :: Floral Cards

Hi there!  I'm popping in today to share a couple of cards I made with gorgeous new stamps from The Stamp Market!  These stamp sets are brand new for May and can be found HERE in their shop.  I love to focus on gift wrap projects, but I think that right now is such an important time to be sending cards, while we can't be with our friends and family, and the theme of Sending Bunches of Love looks to be focusing on calming and encouraging, so that was another reason I chose to create cards this time.


I stamped the beautiful, hand-drawn floral bouquet on watercolor paper with watermark ink, then embossed it; I used white powder for one and gold powder for the other, hoping to create two very different cards.  With my TSM ink refills and a bit of water, I colored in the flowers and leaves.


The first card features a warm and breezy palette with Melon Orange, Bubble Gum, Blush Pink, Peach, and Citrine hues.  With the embossed white lines, it has a much softer feel to it than my second card.


I added some other stamped and watercolored elements from another new set called Just A Little Message, I watercolored the largest open envelope in the set, as well as the floral note, and embossed the sentiment 'just a note' in gold on a strip of watercolored paper.  For a punch of contrast, these are attached over a strip of Black cotton ribbon and a wispy strip of pink tulle.  Finally, I dotted the card with some Crystal Confetti sequins.


The second card is definitely bolder, with the gold embossing lines and more saturated colors.  Even though many of the ink refill colors are the same as in the first card, the addition of some new ones (Seaglass and Cherry Kisses) gives this card a much different look.  I also used some Blush Pink paint to the background.


All of the sentiments are from Sending Bunches of Love, and I've used a touch of tulle and some sequins again for texture and detail.


There are so many beautiful new stamps and dies this month, so be sure to check out The Stamp Market shop to see them all and get yours!  I hope this finds you well and, as ever, I appreciate you stopping by!


Supplies:
Stamps: Sending Bunches of LoveJust a Little Message
Ink Refills: Melon Orange, Bubble Gum, Blush Pink, Peach, Citrine, Cherry Kisses, Seaglass
Paper: Melon Orange, Cherry Kisses
Other: Black 5/8" cotton ribbon, Crystal Confetti

Comments