Ink to Paper :: May 2020 Release :: Day Two

Hi, friends!  Welcome to Day Two of the Ink to Paper May release introductions!  We're showcasing another beautiful new floral set, Floral Delicasies, and a cool stitching design today.  If you love Papertrey Ink's stitched dies, you're going to love this cool back pocket!


The In Stitches: Back Pocket features two sizes of a back pocket that are meant to be layered together; I chose to use the smaller size only for this card, and layered my florals and leaves in front of and behind it.


I did a little color washing with re-inkers and a little bit of water on watercolor paper.  I used some Sweet Blush and Aqua Mist ink refills to create very soft, pastel papers, die cutting the pocket from Sweet Blush.  To add an extra touch of femininity, I stitched a layer of lace over it, choosing embroidery floss that was a good match for Berry Sorbet ink (DMC 956), which I was using for my flowers.


I stamped the big, beautiful blooms with Berry Sorbet ink in the brushed design of the flower, then embossed the dotted portion of them in white.  You can use both designs together or separately; either way, they're both really pretty!


The full stem of leaves is die cut from the Aqua Mist color washed paper, as is the Beautiful Bouquet Tag, on which I stamped and embossed the 'hello' sentiment in gold.  The plain Ripe Avocado card base looked too simple, so I stamped a few extra leaves in subtle watermark ink and it got a lot more interesting!  I finished the card by adding some sequins.


That's all for today, so be sure to swing by the Ink to Paper blog to see what's happening over there!  Don't forget that the products we're featuring this week will be available to purchase on May 15 at 10pm EST in the Ink to Paper shop.  I can't wait to spend some more time with you tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Floral Delicasies
Ink: Berry Sorbet, VersaMark Watermark
Paper: Ripe Avocado, White, watercolor paper
Dies: Floral Delicasies, In Stitches: Back Pocket, Beautiful Bouquet Tag
Other: Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush Re-inkers, white, gold embossing powders, lace, embroidery floss (DMC 956), gold crochet thread, clear sequins, lace

Comments