Ink to Paper :: December Release :: Day One


Ooo!  We're getting ready for the Ink to Paper December release, coming up very soon!  The focus is mostly on Valentine's Day and loving and appreciating one another; there are some really great sets coming out, especially if you're a heart person.  And, hey, if you aren't, no worries--I think you'll find a few things you just might love, too!


We're taking a look at a couple new items today--All About You stamps and dies, On the Border: From the Heart Border die, as well as Cup of Love and Border Bling: Tin Stitch dies.  While hearts are not always my go-to when it comes to paper crafting (unless they're teeny tiny), I do love to make valentines!  Like, I LOVE to make them, and of course, they sometimes require lots of hearts, which I have no problem with.


Today I created a set of mini cards that could definitely double as valentines.  I combined the All About You stamps and dies with the On the Border: From the Heart Border die for a super-sweet finished product.  By alternating the cardstock colors for each card, I was able to make a set of 4 different cards.



There's a really pretty floral-patterned heart stamp in the All About You set that also works with the negative hearts in the From the Heart border die.


I used sentiments from All About You, along with the die cut 'You' for an endearing message on each note.  One of the awesome things about this release is how well everything mixes and matches.


I'll be saving these to send to 4 very special someones for Valentine's Day (probably my nephew and 3 nieces :)!


Supplies:
Stamps: All About You
Ink: Watermark
Paper: Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, White
Dies: All About You, On the Border: From the Heart Border
Other: white embossing powder, twine, foam dots


Next up is a very cute die collection centered around a mug image called Cup of Love and Border Bling: Tin Stitch.  There are so many ways you can use Cup of Love--when I saw what the other designers had created, I was, like, why didn't I think of that?!


I started my card with the Tin Stitch frame, which I designed based on an old tintype pattern.  It's a nice piece for adding texture to your project, I think.  My card base is Ripe Avocado and my tin stitch layer is Berry Sorbet.


For the cup, I moved onto yellows, choosing to cut it out of Harvest Gold dotted paper.  I die cut some lemon slices in Lemon Tart and Bright Buttercup to go with it, plus some different sized hearts from the All About You and From the Heart Border die.


There's a cute tag die in the set which made me think of the little tag on the end of a tea bag string.  I created a tag to sit inside the cup and tied the smaller tag to it, adhering it in the corner above the cup.  The tag is stamped with a fitting sentiment about lemons and then I added a few pieces of the die cut wedges around it.  It slides out for the full reveal.


Supplies:
Stamps: Cup of Love
Ink: Bright Buttercup
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, white, Harvest Gold Bitty Big
Dies: Cup of Love, Border Bling: Tin Stitch, All About You, On the Border: From the Heart Border, Essential Tag
Other: twine, foam dots


Speaking of the full reveal, be sure to stay tuned all week for much more to come!  All products will be available on December 15 at 10pm EST in the Ink to Paper shop.  Until then, the Design Team is busy, busy, busy making lots of sweet stuff to share with you so stop by the Ink to Paper blog each day for links to the DT blogs!  Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday--I hope it treats you well.

Comments