Ink to Paper :: December Release :: Day 4


Happy weekend!  I'm so excited that it's the last day of the Ink to Paper release introductions because that means tomorrow is the day that they all go live in the ITP shop!


It's my featured post today, which means I have 3 projects to share for the A Little Wispy stamps and dies.  This set is so, so pretty and if you love long-stemmed flowers, you're going to LOVE A Little Wispy!


The idea for this card came about after I had die cut several florals on white cardstock before realizing it was going to be easier to stamp the images and then cut them out.  I gathered the plain stems and set them aside on a scrap piece of cardstock and decided I liked the contrast of plain white and Saffron Spice.  Because the florals weren't stamped, though, the card needed some extra details, so I turned to the Tin Stitch Border Bling die and Loosely Woven stamp for their subtle designs.



Achieve layers of texture by mixing an embossed die (Border Bling: Tin Stitch) with light fabric (lace) and a texture background stamp (Loosely Woven).  A trio of diagonal banners instead of just a single one is an opportunity to bring in more color and dimension.


Supplies:
Stamps: A Little Wispy, Loosely Woven
Ink: Enchanted Evening, True Black, Watermark
Paper: Saffron Spice, Melon Berry, Dark Indigo, White
Dies: A Little Wispy, Border Bling: Tin Stitch, Border Bling: Border Frame, Diagonal Banners
Other: gold embossing powder, twine, lace


There's something so special about a mug full of pretty flowers, so pairing ALW with Cup of Love was a no-brainer!  The vases in the set are cute, too, but with the cup, there is so much room to really make a huge bouquet.  I chose my favorite cool shades from Ink to Paper's color family and went to town stamping and die cutting.  The finished product is truly a 'cup of love'!


Although this collection comes with vases, other dies can be used to hold the flowers, too, like the mug from Cup of Love.  To recreate this, adhere the flower stems in place on the inside of the cup BEFORE folding and adhering the mug together!  (I learned that lesson the hard way, but no worries--I think I pulled it off in the end, but it would have been much easier to do with the folded cup open instead :)


Trim some of the stems to get extra height variations for the flowers, which makes it look more like a bouquet than when each one is the same length.  While the flowers are somewhat different in length, I did have to snip a few ends for the ones placed by the sides and in the front.

Supplies:
Stamps: A Little Wispy, Rustic Brick
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist, Lilac Grace
Paper: Tropical Teal, Dark Indigo, White, watercolor
Dies: A Little Wispy, Cup of Love, To Die For: Love, Mix & Mat: Herringbone
Other: Sweet Blush & Aqua Mist re-inkers, gold crochet thread


Given their long stems, the flowers in A Little Wispy are perfect for creating bouquets.  Paired with their vases, I loved the idea of creating some fresh, colorful tags.  I wanted lots of different colors so I went with warm florals and shades of blue for the vase and tag as they naturally bring the idea of water to mind.  The 'happy' sentiments perfectly convey what I hope my recipients feel when I give them out!


When using multiple colors with multiple floral stamps, I like to choose one ink color per flower to save some time.  It just makes the process go a little faster since you don't have to keep cleaning and switching the stamps.  I stapled each bouquet together at mid-stem with a mini stapler, then covered up the staple with the sentiment.  Color-washed tags are a nice, lighter background for these detailed tags, while offering more color variation than plain cardstock.



Supplies:
Stamps: A Little Wispy
Ink: Bright Buttercup, Orange Zest, Melon Berry, Hibiscus Burst, Pale Peony, Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist
Paper: White, Watercolor
Dies: A Little Wispy, Tagged & Labeled 1
Other: Dark Indigo & Aqua Mist re-inkers, twine, lace

That will wrap up our sneak peeks for the release!  I hope you're as excited as everyone on the Ink to Paper team for tomorrow night!  Don't forget that products go on sale at 10pm EST in the ITP shop.  Thank you so much for for hanging out with me these last few days--enjoy your weekend :)

Comments