Tree Treat Packaging with Spellbinders Dies


Hello!  I've been a very busy girl the last couple of weeks making, making, making!  Today I'm excited to share some cute treat packaging I created for Spellbinders with their November Large Die of the Month - Everything Under the Tree.  (You can view the entire kit here as well as tutorials for assembling the pieces.)


Photo Credit: Spellbinders


This set of dies is so fun to use!  It's intended purpose is an Advent Calendar but I took the same idea and made favors to give away.


I started by making the little treat boxes first, using some candy cane and Nordic printed papers from Alexandra Renke.  I made 3 boxes and I'll fill them with chocolate mints when I'm ready to give them out (but not quite yet since it's only November 3rd!).




I then cut 6 of the largest trees with the pale mint cardstock.  These trees fold together to encompass the little treat boxes.  Before assembling them, however, I cut plain triangle trees from thick vellum paper to matte with the intricately detailed tree.  This die is so cute!  It features garlands and bulbs and looks like a pretty decorated Christmas tree when cut out.


After adhering the decorated tree to the vellum triangle, I added some baubles die cut from silver and red glitter paper, then attached the finished piece to the larger mint tree that will be the front of the package.


Still before assembling the tree packaging, I made some small tags to add to each one.  Using the lantern-shaped die, I cut pieces from the matching patterned papers, as well as the vellum.


I stamped short and sweet messages on each piece of vellum using black Staz-on ink, then adhered the vellum to the printed tags.



Now it's time to put the trees together, which is very simple, and just requires a bit of glue or tape on the bottom folded flap.  There's a bit of pink tulle lining the backs of the green trees, which extends over the edges.


There is a single star die in the kit, too, so I used it to create red and silver glitter stars to add to the top of each tree.



I glued the tags to the inside of each package, and included a length of silver thread.  A drop of glue on the back of each star and a good pinch to close finishes the assembly process.  All that's left is to slip the little treat box inside.


When the time comes to give these away, I'll likely glue them in place so they don't slide out.



This kit is adorable and there are so many things you can do with it!  I've got some cards I'll be sharing here in a few days so be sure to check back for that!


The kit is on sale now at spellbinders.com.  Did you know Spellbinders has a Value Club page where you can join multiple clubs at once and save even more?  Lots of great ideas and deals to be had here--#sorrynotsorry for being such an enabler ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and do check back here later in the week for a look at another project I've made with the November kit.  Thank you so much for hanging out with me today!

Comments