Christmas Tree Cards and Spellbinders

Hello, friends!  Have you checked out the Spellbinders clubs yet?  I'm sharing another project with their Large Die of the Month kit for November, Everything Under the Tree.  In this post earlier this month, I created some fun treat boxes and today I'm sharing two cards I made to show you the versatility of the dies.


These cards were so simple to create using the tree and triangle dies.  I'm using the Pinkfresh Studio December Days collection from last year--I LOVE that collection!


I started with two vertical A2 card bases (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") in white.  I cut one tree from the largest tree die, which also serves as one-half of the treat box.  I then cut out the intricate tree shape from the front of it that has the ornament and garland details on it.


To accompany my blue patterned paper, I trimmed a plain triangle from silver glitter paper, slipping it behind the open details and adhering it to the back of the patterned paper.


I adhered the whole set to some patterned paper with ornaments on it and added a few puffy present stickers around the bottom of the tree.  I used card stock stickers for my sentiment, and finished by layering a red puffy sticker star to the star at the top of the tree.


For my second card, I used the trees and the same blue December Days paper to create a card duo.  I cut three plain triangles, further cutting the ornament details out of one of them.  I trimmed another plain triangle out of thick vellum and placed it behind the cut-out tree.


Before arranging the trio of trees on the card, I glued a layer of pale pink tulle onto the card front first, adhering the trees over it.


To add a bit of shine to the card, I cut some baubles from red and silver glitter paper; that die comes in the kit.  I also placed a small gold foil star at the top of the middle tree.  The star came in the pack of December Days die cuts.


Finally, I cut two labels, one large and one small, from white card stock.  The labels are also a part of the November kit--it comes with so much, including numbers from 0-9!  I stamped "peace" on the small label, then attached it to its larger counterpart with 3-D foam dots.


There are so many fun things you can create with this kit from Spellbinders!  Don't forget that it's an Advent Calendar so if you haven't made one yet this holiday season, this is a fantastic option!

Be sure to check out the Value Clubs page at Spellbinders, where you can save even more on a membership!  Above all, have fun creating this season--it's always the thought that counts!

Comments