Alexandra Renke :: Christmas Cards



Happy Thursday, friends!  It's the most wonderful time of the year...and the busiest!  It's the season when I find myself overflowing with inspiration and ideas, but there's never enough time to fulfill them all.  One thing that always tops my to-do list during the holidays is Christmas cards, and thanks to Alexandra Renke patterned paper and word dies, I've found a way to create multiple cards in one sitting.


Her papers are works of art in themselves, and I often cut them down to A2 card sizes (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") in order to make the most of them.  Certain patterns of paper offer a nice amount of white space, too, which is perfect for adding decorations or stamped sentiments.  For the cards I'm sharing today, I cut down 'Red Berries' which has a gorgeous winter berry design on it, and added minimal details to each one.



First, I set them against a pale mint background.  The patterned papers are cut slightly smaller than A2 size in order to matte them to the card, leaving a border of green.


I used the "Christmas" die with silver glitter paper for the first card, laying it over a sheer layer of tulle, wispy metallic thread, and a pale purple ribbon bow.  That's a bit of a different holiday color palette, right?  But I love the lavender with the silver and the shades of red and aubergine in the berries.  It's so pretty!



For the second card, I die cut "Joy" and stamped "to the world," which can be found in the Meet Me Under the Mistletoe stamp set.  There's more berry and branch coverage on this piece so the added details were simpler (it's also upside down, but I did that on purpose :).  There's a scalloped scrap of lace under a layer of minty ribbon.  It's topped with the glittery joy die cut and a bit of gold thread.



My last card from this craft session features a bit of a different layout, but still uses a piece of the same berry paper which features scrolling text and soft paint splatters.  I trimmed it down and added a border of Mistletoe Wreath washi tape peeking out from underneath it.


On top is another "Christmas" die cut word, in red glitter paper this time.  To finish, I scrunched up some pale pink tulle and added a gold wood Christmas tree that I've had in my holiday stash for a couple of years.


Three Christmas cards all done and I can't wait to make more!  What are you working on right now?  Holiday cards?  Gift wrapping?  Treat making?  Memory keeping?  Whatever it is, I hope you're enjoying yourself!  Thanks for spending a little of your season with me <3


Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca