Papertrey Ink :: July 2021 Release :: Day Three


Yippee!  We're on Day 3 of product introductions at Ink to Paper / Papertrey Ink already!  Who's excited?!  Are you liking what you're seeing so far?  We have more fun stuff to show you today and tomorrow, and then release day, the 15th, is shopping day!  Today's new items center around birthdays.


For both of my projects, I busted out the ink refills and a paintbrush for something a little different than traditional stamping and die cutting.  On the first card, featuring the new Birthday Mashup stamps and dies, I watercolored a panel of watercolor paper in a saturated Dark Indigo, then die cut the gorgeous Bouquet Backdrop from it.  Backed against Ripe Avocado cardstock and a swatch of white tulle, it looks rich and elegant.


I've stamped my sentiment in Pale Peony and Honey Nut inks.  The Birthday Mashup stamps are super-easy to use--I always struggle with 'perfect' placement for these kinds of things, even when I use a stamp positioning tool, but each of the three image duos (because I tried all out all three of them) works out beautifully.


This was such a simple card to make, and I think with it, less is more, so I kept the rest of the decorating and detailing to a minimum, allowing the sentiment and floral piece to shine.  Also, this would make a really nice wedding card by changing out the sentiment.


Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Mashup
Ink: Pale Peony, Honey Nut
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Stamper's Select White, watercolor
Dies: Birthday Mashup, Bouquet Backdrop
Other: Dark Indigo ink refill, paintbrush, tulle, confetti sequins


The next card took quite a bit longer, as I painted each of the details on this birthday cover plate and used several different ink refills.  I like to mix and match to create a larger palette of color variations, like mixing Sweet Blush with Melon Berry gave me the light peach tone of the border.


You can experiment, too, with different inks that you like, and the PTI ink refills are so nice for watercoloring.  For softer coloring, add more water; for more saturated hues, use less.


I added 'to you' in the space above the candles using the Cursive For You To Die For Sentiments dies.


Supplies:
Paper: Stamper's Select White, watercolor, gold glitter
Dies: Happy Birthday Cover Plate, To Die For Sentiments: Cursive For You
Other: Bright Buttercup, Orange Zest, Melon Berry, Canyon Clay, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Pale Peony, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse ink refills, paintbrush, confetti sequins


Just one more day of introductions remains, so I hope you'll pop by tomorrow to see the rest of the new goodies!  As a reminder, these products will be available on the 15th at 10pm in the Ink to Paper shop.  As always, the blog today is full of lots of inspiration, so head there next if you haven't yet.  Thanks for coming by!

Comments