Papertrey Ink :: July 2021 Release :: Day One


Hello there!  I hope you're having a nice July so far.  I'm excited today because it's one of my favorite times of the month: The countdown to  Ink to Paper / Papertrey Ink's monthly release!  There are so many beautiful products to share with you this month, so let's get right to it, shall we?


We have a few coordinating items today, which I've broken up into 2 projects, as well as the Feathered Friends 13 stamp and die collection.  Prosperous Perennials stamps and dies match the Prosperous Leaves background stamp and go quite nicely with the On the Border: Leaves die, too.  The border die comes with a fun 'hello' sentiment inside a circle, and I paired that up with the PP stamps and dies for my first card.


I stamped several of the leaf stems and some matching flowers, arranging them around the circle cut from Lemon Tart cardstock.  I cut another circle from Raspberry Fizz and inserted the contrasting 'hello' into the yellow frame.  It helps pull in some of the floral colors.


The whole array is laid out on a kraft-colored card base with a few rain stones dotted around for some extra details.  Those are a new product to the PTI shop, in case you were wondering!


Supplies:
Stamps: Prosperous Perennials
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Melon Berry, Winter Wisteria, Bright Buttercup, Ocean Tides, Olive Twist
Paper: Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, Classic Kraft, Stamper's Select White
Dies: Prosperous Perennials, On the Border: Leaves
Other: rain stones

I used the border part of the leaves frame for the second card, cutting it from Aqua Mist stock.  I stamped the background in Watermark ink on Ripe Avocado paper, then heat embossed it with clear powder for a subtle shine effect.


Speaking of subtle, I heat embossed some PP leaf stems with white powder on white cardstock but it's very difficult to see in the photo.  I've put my decorated Feathered Friend in the center of the leaf pile there.  The bird components are stamped in Pale Peony, Saffron Spice, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, and True Black for the eye and feet (even though the feet are covered up, I still stamped them!).


My sentiments are a mix of dies and stamps; you'll recognize the 'hello' as the same one I used on the first card.  The 'world needs more of you sentiment', embossed on a label from Vintage Travel dies, is from last month's From the Garden. stamp set.


Supplies:
Stamps: Feathered Friends 13, Prosperous Leaves Background, From the Garden
Ink: Pale Peony, Saffron Spice, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, True Black, Watermark
Paper: Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush, Stamper's Select White
Dies: Feathered Friends 13, Prosperous Perennials, On the Border: Leaves, Vintage Travel
Other: clear, white, black embossing powders, white twine

It's always a good idea to visit the Papertrey Ink blog if you haven't already.  You'll find beautiful projects by my other Design Teammates, as well as all the details about these products.  They will be available for purchase on July 15 at 10pm EST in the Ink to Paper shop.  I'll be back with you tomorrow!

Comments