Ink to Paper :: October 2020 Release :: Day Two

Welcome to Day Two of the Ink to Paper/Papertrey Ink new releases!


Up first is one of my designs, Bag It: Holiday.  It's made specifically for the PTI window bags, but don't let that keep you from using these stamps on the rest of your projects!  We're pairing it up today with Ornament Greetings, which I absolutely love because I don't know about you, but I can never have too many labels nor too many ornament sets for the holidays!



I decorated two kraft bags and filled them with homemade chocolate chip cookies.  To stamp on the bag, I chose darker, more saturated colors so the colors would stand out.  You can create different designs with the mistletoe leaves or you can use the frame and/or sentiments with any other stamps you'd like to create your own unique designs to dress up the bags.



My second bag features the pretty ornaments, and I die cut them to show you a different way to dress up the bags.  Aqua Mist makes a pretty base for the Ripe Avocado detailed overlays, which all come from Ornament Greetings, except I did sneak in a branch of mistletoe on one of the bulbs, too!



Supplies:
Stamps: Bag It: Holiday, Ornament Greetings
Ink: Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Orange Zest
Paper: White
Dies: Ornament Greetings

I actually don't have any cards to share in this post, which seems so strange!  We've got a few new In Stitches dies--Banner, Banner Accessories, and Noel--to pair with the Joyous Holiday stamp and die collection.  I decided I hadn't pulled out my felt to do any real stitching in awhile, so I thought I'd do that and make a little project for my daughter.


The folk horse looks like a Swedish Dala horse to me, and I loosely based my banner and tag on my own Dala horse, which is orange with some blues in it.  I made the banner from Canyon Clay felt with a Melon Berry top.  I did two layers of felt for the banner, stitching them together* for a thicker product.  I stitched the horse with DMC 3813 colored floss; the holes are a little bigger and further apart, so I double-stitched them.  I cut out some leaves and flowers from the Joyous Holiday set and stitched them to the body of the horse. *I stitched the horse on the banner first, then stitched the banners together!


I cut out the larger rounded tag from Tagged & Labeled 1 so I could stitch the 'N' from the Noel dies onto it.  Since my daughter's name is Nemy, it was the perfect accompaniment to the banner.  I glued a second tag to the back after stitching the N with DMC 967 floss.  To fancy it up a bit, I stitched two leaves and a tiny flower to the N.  Those are also from Joyous Holiday.


Supplies:
Dies: In Stitches: Banner, Banner Accessories, Noel; Joyous Holiday, Tagged & Labeled 1
Felt: PTI Canyon Clay, Melon Berry, Ocean Tides, Tropical Teal
Floss: DMC 819, 3813, 967


Make sure you check out the Papertrey Ink blog today for all the details on the new products and to see the other DT members' interpretations of these stamps and dies.  All new products will be available for purchase starting October 15th at 10pm EST in the Ink to Paper shop.  I'll be back tomorrow with a new post and 2 more fun projects!

Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca