Ink to Paper :: June 2020 Release :: Day Three


It's Day Three already of the Ink to Paper June release reveal--it's going by so fast!  I've personally felt so inspired by this release--I hope you have, too.  I've been a bit un-creative lately--just a rut, I think, due to the life upheaval we've all been experiencing over the last couple of months.  I'm happy to say that my motivation is coming back to me now, and I've really enjoyed every single card that I created this week!

It's all about birds and postage today!  I love seeing birds on postage stamps, so both of my cards in this post were inspired by that notion.  We're introducing some new Border Bling dies today and they are both postage stamp-related.  There's a set of 3 skinny frame dies and a set of 2 thicker frames.  You can take your pick, whether you prefer thin or thick, or maybe you need both!  To accompany my frame designs, Kara Yoder designed an absolutely stunning Vintage Postage stamp.  It's got such pretty, delicate details, and I have no doubt that you will love this stamp, too!


I heat embossed it in white on kraft paper--because white on kraft just doesn't get old--and used the coordinating Vintage Postage Sentiments stamp set to create my sentiment--'sending a happy hello.'  The stamped image is outlined in Sweet Blush with the largest Skinny Postage Frame.


There are a couple of different 'bird' themed items releasing this month, both of which are debuting today.  I've used the Feathered Friends 1 die collection to assemble this red, pink, and white sweetie.  It's very detailed, and easy to put together.  Borrowing some leaves from last month's Border Bling: Twigs frame set, I created a small perch for her.


Supplies:
Stamps: Vintage Postage, Vintage Postage Sentiments
Ink: Versamark WaterMark
Paper: Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Classic Kraft, White
Dies: Border Bling: Skinny Postage Frames, Feathered Friends 1, Border Bling: Twigs
Other: white embossing powder


I've used the larger Border Bling Postage frame on my second card; cutting it from Raspberry Fizz cardstock.  I layered a couple of the medium-sized Skinny Postage Frame around the center to draw extra attention to the sentiment.


The sentiment comes from the second of the bird products--Feathered Friends Mini 1 stamp and die collection.  You can see the adorable bird in the corner of the frame, stamped with dark and light shades of Enchanted Evening, and accented in True Black ink.  It's so cute!


I placed this birdie on a bed of leaves and flowers from Flourishing Florals; I kind of like the way this bird stands out as the only pop of blue in this otherwise very pink and green card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Feathered Friends Mini 1, Flourishing Florals
Ink: Enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, True Black
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf, Mint Julep, White
Dies: Border Bling: Postage Frames, Border Bling: Skinny Postage Frames, Feathered Friends Mini 1, Flourishing Florals

That leaves just one more day of introduction left!  Do visit the Ink to Paper blog if you haven't already.  You'll find beautiful projects by my other Design Teammates, as well as all the details about these products.  They will be available for purchase on June 15 at 10pm EST in the Ink to Paper shop.  Enjoy your weekend (but I hope you'll pop by again tomorrow for the final day of the reveal :)

Comments

  1. Your cards look good enough to eat! I love everything today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d definitely say you got your mojo back! You’re not alone with your rut, I’ve felt the same way. But I have to say, your work is beautiful and your colors and designs are inspiring! Thx Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca