Spellbinders :: March Card Kit :: Feeling Hoppy

Hey there!  I'm here with a few Eater-y cards I made with the Spellbinders March Card Kit of the Month--Feeling Hoppy.  The kit is full of Easter goodness, including bunnies, eggs, florals, and chicks.  You'll definitely be able to make a whole lot of pretty cards with it!


In this kit you'll find 8 dies, a 6x6 paper pad, a stamp set, die cut shapes, a sheet of flecked gemstones, stickers, and the usual cardstock, cards, envelopes, and adhesives.  The paper pad, die cuts, and stickers are extras and are available to purchase without committing to the whole kit (they do come in the kit, too, but are also available as add-ons).


My first card features elements from only the extras portion of the kit with a background of magenta-ish patterned paper.  I took many of the floral die cuts (there are always 2 of each die cut shape in each pack) and created a background for the sentiment.


The 'blessings' banner sticker was part of a layered sticker that I deconstructed so I could use the phrase here.  I also added a couple of gold-trimmed butterfly stickers, tucked in with the flowers.


More butterflies can be found on this card, but these are die cuts, not stickers.  I also used the scalloped oval frame die to create the middle piece of this card, trimming it from patterned paper.  The foiled stems at the top and bottom of the circle are dies you can use to add to the frame.


I chose the 'grandparents are a gift' sticker for the sentiment here, knowing how much my mother-in-law will love it, especially if it comes from the kids!  The card is accented with a few gold-flecked gemstones--I'm always so happy when these are a part of the kits!


Next up is this sweet bunny with a floral crown.  It's another layered sticker and she's sitting atop an oval frame.  The 'Happy Easter' sticker is from the sticker pack, as well, though this one is not layered; I used 3-D foam adhesive squares that came in the kit to lift it off the page.


I love this pretty floral design on the backing paper, don't you?  It's so soft and understated, and is so nice for backgrounds.  I've accented it a bit further with some mint-hued gems.


My last card features another bunny, this one from the die cuts pack, and he's sitting in an Easter basket with some eggs and a big blue bow.  The sentiment, 'hip hop hooray' is from the set of dies and cut from gold foil cardstock that comes with the kit.


I made a backing panel of several patterned paper strips that I had leftover from the other cards I made.  The striped scallop strip is actually a sticker; it's not as long as the width of the card, but I cut it, lined up the ends with the card edges, and covered the bare spot with the Easter basket.


Thanks so much for being here today!  You can find all of the Card Kit Membership information HERE (This link is the same for each monthly kit).  You can find the Add-Ons HERE (just look for FEELING HOPPY in the product title).  Information about all Spellbinders clubs can be found HERE.  If you have any questions I can help you with, please feel free to leave a comment and I'll do my best to get an answer to you :)

That will do it for me today.  The good news is there's a HUGE blog hop tomorrow featuring all the Spellbinders club kits!  It's a pretty big lineup of designers and there are some prizes to win so be sure to check it out at 9am PST.  Until then, take care of yourself and those around you!


Comments

  1. Awwww!!! How sweet! These are such cute cards! Luv them! TFS, Suzy Q

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca