Ink to Paper :: March 2020 Release :: Day Two


Hello and welcome!  It's Day 2 of the Ink to Paper March release introductions!  There's a bit more Beautiful Bouquet in store for you today, as well as a sweet set called Garden of Blessings and a couple of sentiment sets that are all about the lovely ladies & mothers in our lives.


Up first is a card I've made using Garden of Blessings.  On the lower half of my card, there's a row of pretty pink flowers with their cute leafy stems.  All the sentiments in this set are designed to include the word 'Blessing(s)' so I chose 'you're such a blessing.'  I love that you can die cut 'blessing' OR 'blessings,' depending on which word suits your needs.


You can see a couple of the new Love to Layer: Notched die cuts on this card, too!


Supplies:
Stamps: Garden of Blessings
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Saffron Spice, Sweet Blush, Watermark
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, White
Dies: Garden of Blessings, Love to Layer: Notched
Other: white embossing powder, twine


I designed Beautiful Bouquet upon request, wondering the entire time if I could really do it or not!  And when I finally had the initial design almost complete, the next request was to make an outline of the bouquet, which I was certain I could NOT do!!  But I didn't want to say no so I spent hours figuring it out and I learned so much in the process.

You can use the stamps we introduced yesterday with the background, puzzle-piecing them together (and there's a handy color-coded guide included with the set), or you can use the outline.  You can even do both if you want!


For my card, I watercolored a panel of paper with an Aqua Mist color-wash, then cut the background from that.  I cut the outline from gold glitter paper and layered them on a bed of ruched pale pink tulle.


The backing panel has small leafy designs stamped with Raspberry Fizz ink to match the cardstock, and in the lower right corner, I stamped and embossed 'sister'.  You can find that word in a set of Jennifer Campbell's gorgeous handwriting, which is entitled Hers, and it includes all the important women in our lives--mother, aunt, niece, daughter, grandmother, etc.  It's a must-have for all occasions, not just Mother's Day.  'For my' and 'beautiful' are found in the mini Just Sentiments: Mother's Day set and they work perfectly with Hers.

Supplies:
Stamps: Hers, Just Sentiments: Mother's Day, Beautiful Bouquet: Mother
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Watermark
Paper: New Leaf, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, gold glitter, watercolor
Dies: Beautiful Bouquet Background, Beautiful Bouquet Outline
Other: white embossing powder, tulle


Enjoy your Thursday--I'm so happy Friday is almost here, how about you?!  Don't forget that the new products will be available on the 15th at 10pm EST, and there is always so much to see on the Ink to Paper blog!

Comments

  1. Such lovely cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love all that you create and these cards are wonderful, I adore the ruched tulle, fabulous idea ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca