Alexandra Renke :: Spring Butterflies


Hello!  Is it really (almost) the first day of spring?!  It's about to rain here (I hope!) but we're coming off of sunny weather in the 70's so it still seems fitting to share some pretty springy projects featuring new paper, stamps, and dies from Alexandra Renke.  I'm not sure if you've seen her latest papers, but they are stunning.  I feel like framing them instead of using them!


I'm finding myself using more vellum lately, which adds an easy softness to projects like this card.  I love the new Frame - Oval Angular dies, and I think it's genius that each solid frame includes a border with it.  I cut the solid from vellum and the border from glitter paper; just that wiry bit adds the perfect amount of shine.


I die cut some butterflies out of yellow floral paper and vellum again, placing them strategically around my card.  The 'hey' die is from The Stamp Market, but I've cut it from Grid Grey paper, matted with white cardstock, and propped up on 3D foam dots.  I've been using that grid paper quite a bit (you'll see it on some future projects!); it's a great neutral!  The final touch on this card was the stamped 'shine.'  It's a new stamp set from AR featuring plenty of fitting words, all enclosed in those brackets.


While I had the papers and dies out, I whipped up a matching gift box.  I used the We R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punchboard to make the box out of AR Grid Roses Red paper.  I tucked a band of Spring Lettering paper under the top box flaps and tied it on with some metallic rose gold ribbon.


The tiny butterfly die comes with a delicate frame border, too, and is part of a die duo that includes a leaf and leaf border, as well.  I've used several of them on my box, fanning them out around the center, where they peek out from behind another 'hey' sentiment and an ochre embroidery floss tassel.   You'll also see a bit of coral thread; I still love to use those wispy bits whenever possible; you may have noticed :)


Thanks for stopping by today!  And Happy Spring!

Comments