Ink to Paper :: May 2021 Product Release :: Day Two


Welcome to Day Two of the Ink to Paper/Papertrey Ink May new releases!  I've got two new cards to share with you today so let's get right to them!


The Feathered Friends 11 die collection is dropping this week and it's an owl with lots of detail.  There's also a second set of Into the Blooms dies, which are pretty floral dies--just detailed dies, no stamps!


I started with the owl, cutting the body from Soft Stone cardstock, and everything else from white so I could blend ink onto them for color variations.  I chose Enchanted Evening and Dark Indigo inks to color the owl.


I made my flowers a similar way, with Americana ink, and because they're layered, I added more ink to the bottom layer, a little less to the middle piece, and none to the top.  I also sneaked in some plain white and Sweet Blush leaves to the mix, just for fun!


My sentiment comes from the new Perfect Pairs: Commodities stamp and die set, which is also debuting today.  With 6 large fancy words that can be stamped and die cut, there are also several phrases to use with them, so you can create a whole mess of sentiments with this set.  I've used it again on my second card of the day, down below.


Supplies:
Stamps: Perfect Pairs: Commodities
Ink: Americana, Enchanted Evening, Dark Indigo
Paper: Dark Indigo, Blueberry Sky, Soft Stone, Sweet Blush, Stamper's Select White
Dies: Into the Bloom: 2, Feathered Friends 11, Perfect Pairs: Commodities, Border Bling: Believe Frame
Other: blending brush, confetti sequin

Along with Perfect Pairs: Commodities, there's a pretty vase stamp called Vase Collection 1.  I have a really simple card for this, but by choosing bright colors and a neutral--but not white--background, it feels fresh and clean!


I paired the vase with the big bouquet from Sprigs & Sprays, stamping the buds in Bright Buttercup and the stems in Green Parakeet.  The pot itself is stamped in Melon Berry.


My background is from Love to Layer: Torn Edges, which has been cut from Soft Stone stock.  Honestly, I'm loving Soft Stone lately and I've been finding myself reaching for it more and more instead of white--of course I still did have to use a bit of lovely, crisp white here because I can't quit it!


Supplies:
Stamps: Perfect Pairs: Commodities, Vase Collection 1, Sprigs & Sprays
Ink: Bright Buttercup, Green Parakeet, Melon Berry, True Black
Paper: Soft Stone, Stamper's Select White
Dies: Perfect Pairs: Commodities, Vase Collection 1, Sprigs & Sprays, Love to Layer: Torn Edges

Thanks for coming by today!  Don't forget, these products will be available on the 15th at 10pm in the Ink to Paper shop.  As always, the blog today is full of lots of inspiration, so head there next if you haven't stopped by yet.  Happy Wednesday, friends!

Comments