Ink to Paper :: July 2020 :: Day Two


It's the second and final day of Ink to Paper July release introductions and there are all kinds of sets to look at today.  They're all so different--there's sure to be something in the mix that strikes your fancy!



Up first is a cute set featuring some little honey bees.  There are so many images here to choose from in this set called Bee-utiful, and I wanted to create something super-sweet with it.  I paired up my favorite colors--yellows and coral pinks--and got to work.  I used watercolor paper as my background for the entire card so that I could add some color with ink and blending pens to the images.  That kind of paper just works better then regular card stock.



I started by creating a unique border with the criss-crossed hearts stamps and then colored them in.  I stamped and die cut several of the images--bees, flowers, honey jar, and hive--and then colored them in, as well.  All colors have come from Ink to Paper ink pads.  A hint of black stands out in a sea of colorful images; it highlights the bees and makes the sentiment pop!



The only thing about watercolor paper is that it's a little too cream-colored for me, so I wanted to change that.  It was easy to do--use a blending brush to apply ink to the paper for a softer, paler version of the ink-matched card stock (Pale Peony was used here).



Supplies:
Stamps: Bee-utiful
Ink: Honey Nut, Bright Buttercup, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Pale Peony, True Black
Paper: Melon Berry, Watercolor card stock
Dies: Bee-utiful
Other: blending pens, blending brush



My next card features the new Here's to You stamp and die collection, featuring cocktails, wine, and beer glass images.  There's a little something for whichever drink is your recipient's favorite.  I wanted to make something festive and colorful, so I chose the fun glasses you'd find sweet, fruity mixers in.  There's a little umbrella and straw in each one, too.



I created a background pattern with the orange slice and cherry stamps, then cut out the panel from the largest Love to Layer: Aztec die.  Using Banner Builder: Basics dies, I bent 'a toast to you' to fit the curved banner and heat embossed the sentiment in white powder.  How fun!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Here's to You
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Watercolor
Paper: Pure Poppy, White card stock
Dies: Here's to You, Love to Layer: Aztec, Banner Builder: Basics
Other: white embossing powder



My final card for this release showcases a few new sets:  There's a stunning floral die set called Into the Blooms, a new Feathered Friends Mini 2 stamp and dies collection, and a new Inside Greetings: Just Because stamp set.



I started with the Into the Blooms dies, inking up some white card stock with my blending brushes again to create some muted  colors.  The pink florals are a combination of Melon Berry, Honey Nut, and Pale Peony inks, while the leaves were done in Pinefeather.  The centers for the flowers are Honey Nut card stock.



This card didn't turn out anything like my original plan, but that's common for me, and I ended up making about five different colored versions of this Feather Friends 2 bird before I came across the right one to match the flowers!  It's made from Plum Pudding, Lilac Grace, white and True Black papers.



I used a Plum Pudding frame on the Lilac Grace card base, and embossed the friendship sentiment directly onto the card.  The message is found in the FF Mini 2 stamp set.



Turning to the inside of the card, I embossed an IG: JB sentiment and created another little stamped bird to accompany it.



Supplies:
Stamps: Feathered Friends Mini 2, Inside Greetings: Just Because
Ink: Winter Wisteria, Melon Berry, Pale Peony, Honey Nut, Pinefeather, True Black, watermark
Paper: Lilac Grace, Plum Pudding, Honey Nut, White card stock
Dies: Into the Blooms, Feathered Friends 2, Feathered Friends Mini 2, Banner Builder: BasicsBorder Bling: Skinny Diagonal Frames
Other: white embossing powder, blending brushes



Whew!  It's been a busy couple of days!  The release will be happening tomorrow, July 15th, at 10pm EST, so you'll want to pop into the Ink to Paper shop around that time and grab some goodies!  There is one more beautiful die set that I didn't have a chance to play with this time, so please make you head to the ITP blog to see the projects created with In Stitches: Strawberry.  It's awesome and I can't wait to use it--I love strawberries!!  Thank you so much for hanging out with me these two days!

Comments