Pinkfresh Studio :: Card Trio featuring Hello with a Bouquet Die

Hello, friends!  Did you survive the holidays?!  I suppose, technically, they aren't over, since the festivities of the New Year have yet to arrive, but presents have been given and received, family time has been spent, and the post holiday let-down has commenced.  That's why I want to share 3 cheerful cards with you today that I made for Pinkfresh Studio.  I made them all with the Hello with a Bouquet die and Holiday Vibes papers, though 2/3 of them are not actually holiday cards.


I simply did not get my fill of Holiday Vibes and all its splendor, so even though I intended to create cards with it, I wanted to make some of them non-holiday specific.  The die I used has so many intricate details that using almost any of the papers works well because you are left with only thin lines and hints of the paper design.


For the first card, I used Season's Greetings paper (all papers are from the 6x6 paper pad), and after cutting the die design, what's left is white paper with pretty dots of color.  I chose a blush pink card base and gold metallic thread for a hint of wispy texture.


I cut HELLO from gold glitter paper and filled in the empty word for a brilliant shine!  Despite using patterned paper with strings of Christmas lights on it, this card is much more suited to spring, summer, or a fun birthday celebration.


The second card is partly the same idea, though I've changed it up some, and this is a Christmas card.  The idea behind this card is that you can take a floral die such as this and make it festive; no need to save it just for warmer weather months!



I cut the design from the front of the Merry Christmas paper and backed it with the reverse side on an A2 card base (5.5" x 4.25").  Tip:  These delicate die cuts are sometimes tricky to adhere to paper.  In this case, I stitched it to the background paper with silver thread.  I only used a few stitches to anchor it because I prefer it to turn up slightly, not sitting flush to the backing layer.  I always like a little dimension.


Since it's difficult to tell that the papers have a holiday theme, I added a "Christmas" chipboard banner, some faux green leaves, and a deep green embroidery floss bow trimmed with silver thread.  Simple touches, but they make for a pretty Christmas card, and even though it's a very similar idea to the first card, they seem like completely different cards--at least in terms of the occasion.


The final card is much different.  I've taken the negative letters cut out from "HELLO" in both the Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings papers, and used those as my focal point.  I adhered the Christmas lights letters to the navy letters, offsetting them to the upper right a smidge, to create an outline.


I chose the red side of the Magical Forest paper on a pale pink background and arranged the letters in the center of the card, attaching them with 1/8" pop up dots for dimension.  (Running underneath them is a panel of lace.)  After cutting 2 leafy stems out of Season's Greetings and its reverse paper scraps with a die from the Dainty Blossoms set, I lightly adhered them at the end of the word and added a gold bow from the HV ephemera pack.



I love a versatile product and Hello with a Bouquet, which was designed by the incredible Bea Valint, has so much potential!  It can be used in so many ways, from everyday greetings to happy celebrations, to holiday cards.  And in that respect, you don't have to save your Holiday Vibes paper just for holidays!  Use it year-round to create amazing projects!


Thanks for stopping by today, friends!  Enjoy the last few days of 2018!

Comments