In the Scrap Guest Design :: Merry Days & Reindeer Tags

Hello!  I was so excited to be a guest this month on the In the Scrap blog!  If you saw my take on the December Challenge, or if you've been around here for awhile, you might guess that I love wrapping gifts, which is 100% true!  I LOVE to gift wrap and this time of year is the best time of year for it!  I don't exactly have a gift wrap post today, but I did make a trio of tags, which I can add to some gifts in the future--it's always good to have a few of those on hand.


Even though it's the day after Christmas, I haven't yet put away my holiday crafting supplies.  I've still got a few things I'd like to create that I didn't have time to finish before December 25.  I definitely didn't get to do enough with Crate Paper's Merry Days collection, which I used here, pairing them with some cut outs from Alexandra Renke's Nordic Animals holiday paper.  Each cut out features one of her beautifully illustrated deer.


I chose bright, warm colors for the backdrop to each tag.  It's a great contrast to the subdued, minimal deer pieces.  Then I just mixed and matched different embellishments from Merry Days, like cardstock and chipboard stickers, die cuts, and puffy gold foil stickers.


I like to layer and add texture as much as I like to gift wrap, so you can always expect a few layers peeking out, as well bits of lace, doilies, and bows that I made from embroidery floss.


Each tag is backed with a piece of heavy white cardstock to keep it rigid and supported.  I can easily attach the tags to a package with the glittered mini clothespin seen on each one.  (Or I can remove it and tie on with ribbon or twine just as easily.)


Layered tags make awesome gift wrap toppers!  Each of these is 3" x 4" and you can see on this 4" x 4" gift wrapped box that the tag is all it needs (well, and a little lace and evergreen velvet ribbon!).  I can't wait for the chance to use these!


That will do it for these holiday tags.  I also didn't get the chance to do enough with the rest of my Alexandra Renke holiday collection so you can look forward to a post featuring that before the year is over.  Thanks to In the Scrap for having me as a guest--be sure to stop by their blog and show them some love!


Comments