Pinkfresh Studio October Release Blog Hop

Hello there!  We're meeting again so soon!  We've got another Pinkfresh Studio blog hop going on today, and this time it's because they have a big release of stamps and dies.  The release products are amazing (they're always great but this one is REALLY great)!  You may have arrived here from Natalia's blog, and after this, you'll be heading to Rubeena's to say hello.  In the event of any hiccups, the full list of participating blogs can be found on the Pinkfresh site.



Let's get to the projects!  I fell in love with the Dainty Blossoms dies.  I always go for these kinds of wispy flowers so that's not really a surprise, but I didn't quite mean to make ALL my projects with this one set of dies!  Oh, well, maybe you'll fall in love, too...


I started by trimming out a bunch of them from different papers--I cut them from white cardstock, blush pink cardstock, Gorge paper from Indigo Hills 2, and some green paper I watercolored with PF's Emerald City watercolor paint.  Then I decided what types of projects to make.


The first type that came to mind was a set of mini folded cards (sized 3" H x 4" W).  There's a label die set that coordinates well with Dainty Blossoms called Noteworthy Frames and I wanted to incorporate that on at least one of my projects so this was the one.


I have 3 mini cards and I chose 3 patterned papers from Indigo Hills 2--Gorge, Mesa, and Eminence.  Subtle prints worked best and except for a pop of green on one the cards, I worked with a similar palette, choosing shades of blue, purple, pale pink, and gray.


I trimmed the papers down to fit the front of the cards, and then chose which frames to use for each set of flowers.  I also took into consideration the type of sentiment I was going to use, deciding to opt for pre-made embellishments from IH2.  I carefully lined up the frame die on my paper and cut it out, then slipped the floral stems through the opening.


On the back of the paper, I used tape to secure the flowers in place, and it can't be seen.  I placed a sheer piece of lace across each label, and then added the sentiment.


You'll notice that some of the blossoms have the negative petals left intact while others don't, and that was just a personal preference.  I sometimes wanted the silhouette, while other times wanted a wispier flower with 'open windows.'  It also depended on how much of the flower color or pattern I wanted to have, in some cases opting for a break in the color if it felt too much, or vice versa.  These flowers are beautiful and intricate, and whichever way you choose to display them, they're going to enhance your project.


Since I used a lot of the pink and purple stems on the mini cards, I had several white ones left, and just for fun, thought they'd make a pretty all-white card.  I added hints of gold in some metallic thread and the 'hello' puffy sticker, which is found in the Simple & Sweet collection.


While I liked the mostly white with a little gold, in the end, I felt it needed a little something else, so I cut a few more flowers, this time from Eminence paper.  (All of my papers, by the way, are the smaller 6x6 versions of their larger 12x12 counterparts.)  After I added the blue pieces, I loved the card!  I even added a few of the negative leaves around the design.


With some leftover green and pale pink flowers, I had to make a Christmas card!  The green watercolored paper was actually painted for Saturday's Spread Cheer project, but I didn't end up using it.  I'm glad I didn't because the green die cut florals take the cake!  They look so pretty and festive against the backdrop of Magical Forest paper from the Holiday Vibes line.


A little lace and a die cut 'merry' tag, found in the pack of HV ephemera, are the prettiest finishing touches!  I love the way this card turned out!


Are you excited for the new releases yet?!  There are a few more things I need to tell you about and then you can be on your way...

As with all Pinkfresh Studio blog hops, there are some special giveaways!  One lucky commenter will walk away with the ENTIRE October release!  And one commenter at each blog participant's post will receive a $25 gift card to the Pinkfresh shop, so be sure to leave comments along the way!
Winners will be randomly chosen and posted on Sunday, October 14, on the Pinkfresh Giveaway page.  You must check to see if you've won and claim your prize within 2 weeks.

There are 2 shopping promotions Pinkfresh is running, as well.  The first being a free "HUGS" die with any purchase that includes an item from the new release.  This die is exclusive to this release and will not be sold later.  It's free while supplies last and no code is needed.


The second promotion is for free/discounted shipping from October 8th - October 11th, on orders of $50 or more, in the Pinkfresh shop.  You must use the code OCTFREESHIPWITH50.  Shipping is free in the USA and discounted by $5.50 for our international friends.

Thank you so much for spending time here today!  You're always welcome!  And, on that note, I will send you to Rubeena's blog for some of her gorgeous florals!



Comments

  1. These cards are lovely...they'd be perfect to give to friends who don't like the typical "cutesie" cards I like to give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, these are beautiful! I really need to try die-cutting pattern paper. maybe I'll finally get to use my stash! thanks for the inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used patterned papers for your die cut flowers and such. It makes people like me who are coloring challenged a lot of inspiration to use these die's and make beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! They are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such creative ideas with this release! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely cards using the new dies! I love that you really got creative using patterned paper with dies. I have thought of that but didn't think it would look right but you have shown me that it is really quite beautiful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Love how you used the lace, It adds such a lovely touch with those beautiful dies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever ideas and beautiful colours. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, beautiful cards! Pinkfresh hoarding is one of my many crafting weaknesses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca...swooning over your quartet of mini cards that would make a gorgeous gift set! They are, in a word, WOW! Your Christmas version...oh.my.stars! Festive fabulous! You've certainly revealed your love for the dainty flowers and yes, you've passed it along to me! Thank you for creating beautiful projects,infused with joy...
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love when one die set can do so much! These are all so very lovely. I especially love the blue & white with the gold hello. It's such an elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the inspiration cards are gorgeous. I love the new release. Especially the beautiful dies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards, they are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing these lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are all so beautiful! Love the dies that you used; the flowers are one of my favorites from this new release.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects are all very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of the cards you created.. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are really quite beautiful. Love the idea of the mini cards too! Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  21. In the words of my 11 yr old daughter, this was another awesomesauce release! Love it all and your cards are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like how you grouped together several cuts from the dainty blossoms onto one card. It looks exceptionally artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm in love with your creations! They are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did such a wonderful job creating such beautiful cards with the Dainty Blossom die set. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards! These dies may be my favorite ever!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful cards, great colors and die set. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great creativity. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such beautiful cards and sentiments. Love the dies.
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is my favorite die set of the release. So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Truly like the way you've used the various paper combinations in yourdesigns. They are delightful to see. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  32. What fabulous ways to use the lovely diecuts.

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are so unique! I love the lace! Just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful cards!! I love the white and gold with the addition of the Eminence paper flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That blue hello card is so pretty! Love the Christmas one too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are so beautiful and I love the many ways to use this die set.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just love the way you’ve layered the various elements on these cards

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome cards using the Dainty Blossoms! Great card designs and I love how you mixed the colors of the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your color schemes! Just a bit different :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are such lovely cards; delicate & elegant. Can't wait to get the dies so I can make some, too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These cards are lovely. This release is amazing and the hop has been so inspiring. Can’t wait to try the products I have ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Rebecca your cards are so pretty and delicate. Wonderful release from Pinkfresh Studios.
    Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous cards! Such a great release - I love every stamp set and die :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful cards! Love the delicacy and designs. The texture from the lace is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm in love with Dainty Blossoms too, now. The papers, and the lace look fabulous with them. Superb cards.

    ReplyDelete
  46. All 5 of your cards are fabulous! The Dainty Blossoms is one of my favs from this reveal, but not the only one.

    I love how your Christmas card is not traditional. Makes me love it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Amazing cards, you have such a beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Amazing use of the negative parts of the dies! Love those Noteworthy Frames dies!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This release is so much fun and creative! I love them all.
    Hats off to the design team for such beautiful cards and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'll be spending a lot of time using
    the die cut flowers. I think they
    are fantastic. Glad PinkFresh
    thought of them. Beautiful projects.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous cards and I love the floral die bundles. So pretty with these beautiful papers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  52. These are such intricate dies. I love that you cut them from patterned paper, really gives them a different look. And I really like the Christmas card you created. I would have never thought of that but the flowers really work in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love these pretty bouquets that you have created with the floral dies. Beautiful combinations really make your cards stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful and oh, so sweet!! Love your fun color combination and how you showcased them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful cards! I love how you mix patterned papers, cardstock, and specialty papers. Wonderful textures!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Incredible card designs! I love the white card with a touch of color to it, and that Christmas card is stunning! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Beautiful cards, Rebecca! It looks like those Dainty Blooms are addicting. Great idea to add the lace and gave to agree your Christmas card is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  58. These are all absolutely fantastic, you did an amazing job with your creations. Elegant and gorgeous! Thanks for the fab inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love your cards! Your color combinations are just so pretty together. Your little extra touches just make the cards so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love how you used the new Dainty Blossoms. Very feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Lovely cards! I am totally loving that dainty blossoms die. Thanks for such beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I’m a sucker for dainty wispy flowers too! Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love how versatile the Dainty Blossoms dies are. They can be elegant, sweet, fun, festive, just about anyway you can think of. I love the ways you showcased them today. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm hoping to get this set (among others from this release lol) soon and get to playing.... um I mean work :) (mardy14@bellsouth.net)

    ReplyDelete
  64. The dimensional flowers add so much to your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  65. You know, sometimes you can guess which products will be the most popular at the beginning of a hop, but in this case, the dainty flowers took me by surprise. You and the other designers have done incredible things with this set. The Indigo Hills 2 paper pack (and color palette) was the perfect accompaniment to these flowers. Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects with us!

    ReplyDelete
  66. The addition of that delicate lace on some of your cards is so unexpected! Gorgeous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Lovely cards. Very unique. I especially love the lace trim and the die cut flowers out of patterned paper! I am really loving this release from Pinkfresh Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  68. These cards are simple but really pretty. Love the use of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Your cards are fantastic! I love the blue and white flower, and also love your use of lace

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love the lace and color combos you chose! Very unique and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  71. So pretty! I love the way you layered and combined patterns and colors. This release is just filled with gorgeous items!

    ReplyDelete
  72. So many pretty cards and colorful florals. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  73. What a fantastic set of cards ! They’re all so beautiful ! Thanks for sharing your process and knowledge. Love, Marjorie
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  74. A gorgeous set of cards! I love that delicate die!

    ReplyDelete
  75. luv the lace elements - perfect for the delicate die-cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Beautiful cards! I am really lovin' these gorgeous flower dies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca