gossamer blue inspiration blog hop :: tags & pockets



Hi there!  Are you inspired yet?!  If you're following along with the Gossamer Blue Blog Hop, you probably just came from Mish Wooderson's page.  Welcome here!  (And if you're not following along, you will probably want to...The GB Design Team is sharing some really beautiful projects, all made with the October kits.)  I have some pretty pockets I made from journaling cards, as well as matching tags to go inside them.



Let me start by saying that October's kits are awesome!  They are full of products from My Mind's Eye, Teresa Collins, and Chickaniddy Crafts, plus the usual loveliness from the GB in-house graphic designers.  The kits are so awesome, in fact, that a lot of them are gone!  Sad, I know, but I'm happy to direct you to the kits that are still available throughout the post (just click the links).
One item that stood out to me right away was the journaling card pack from MME in the Main Add-On Kit #2.  The cards offered bold typography with both soft and bright colors.  I'm not sure how my idea to make them into pockets came about exactly, but if I may say so, I'm pretty pleased with the results.  



There was a lot of MME goodness spread out over many of the kits--like the journaling cards, colorful brads, and die cuts.  And then I mixed in the Teresa Collins gold stripe paper to make the tags.  (It's not in the photograph because I've used it all up!!)


I paired each of my typographic cards with an allover repetitive patterned card and, because I wanted at least part of the allover print to be visible, I folded about 1/2" of the type card around to the back.  This also created a closed seam at one end.  I then stitched the remaining sides closed with gold thread.



Due to the nature of the outside cards, there wasn't too much more that needed to be done with them, but a few extra details are always nice--especially when it's in the form of a wood accent or enamel heart.  (I can rarely say no to those, how about you? :)



I didn't want to overwhelm the tags, either, but did wish to tie them in some way to their corresponding pocket.  The die cuts were especially helpful there.  The "love it" sentiment (above) is a stamp and "always" (below) is a rub-on.  Both can be found in the Main Kit.  I then finished each one off with a brad.
I probably could have made a dozen more of these, but I stopped at three.



Well, that does it for me.  Next up is Sabrina Alery.   I've got the entire list of designers with links here but if you get lost, you can always head back to the GB blog for all the blog hop information.  Have fun!

Gossamer Blue
Anabelle O'Malley
Beshka Kueser
Brenda Weaver
Cindy Liebel
Danielle Flanders
Diane Payne
Emily Spahn
Erin Taylor
Eunyoung Lee
Evgenia Petzer
Heather Leopard
Jill Cornell
Jill Keller
Joy Taylor
Katie Ehmann
Keisha Campbell
Laura Crosby
Maria Lacuesta
Melanie Blackburn
Michelle Wooderson
           ---> Rebecca Luminarias <--- That's me!
Sabrina Alery
Tara Anderson
Vanessa Perry
Yana Smakula

{October Main Kit}

Comments

  1. I'm loving these!!! The scripty look can stay around forever in my opinion... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun idea! I really love your tags and pockets. so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are incredible! Very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these are AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! I need to try making tags one day, girl, you make it look so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so gorgeous! love every little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many photos! I love it! All bright & happy..makes me happy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these so much. You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, they are so cute and super fun to add to a gift, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, these are amazing - thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness....soooooo SWEET!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca