gossamer blue :: july :: summer tags & mini cards




Hello from New York!  We're having a fantastic vacation so far and I'm loving all the family time we're having.  We've been busy but the kids are having a blast with all of their cousins so I can't complain about being tired when I see how much fun they're having.




I wanted to pop in quickly tonight and share a couple of my Gossamer Blue projects using the July kits.  I'm just giving you an overview since I'm on a foreign PC (my dad's Dell--I haven't used a PC in ages!) and have a super-slow connection that keeps dropping (gotta love the country life!).  When we get back home, I'll share more photos and a few more details about the projects themselves.



The first project I'm sharing is a set of summery tags.  I made them using the Main Kit, LP KitLP Main Add-On, & LP Add-on 3.  This month the kits featured products from Shimelle, Crate Paper, Pink Paislee, Seven Paper, and Evalicious.  It's another colorful selection this month--I adore all the happy yellow embellishments especially!

 






Both of the projects I'm sharing tonight take advantage of all the bright and beautiful hues in the July kits.  For the second project I used the bold spectrum of shades of Traci Reed's life pages cards to put together some simple mini notes.  I love the striking typographic nature some of them have and was further inspired by a sheet of postage stamps I recently purchased, as well as some paint chips.


Once I got into the color, I just kept going, which is somewhat of a departure for me, as I tend to deal with only 3-4 shades at a time.  But the inspiration from these kits was a lot of fun--and a lot of color!



We've had perfect weather on vacation so far and I love being under the big open sky and seeing the millions of stars without the glare of the suburban/city lights.  I will say, that like this card, it certainly was an adventure to get here, but I'm thrilled we made it and it definitely beats the daily grind of our life back in CA (not that we don't miss that, too, but...)


I'll be back later this month with more photos and details on these cards and tags, as well as 2 more July GB projects...and maybe even some vacation photos!  Until then, be sure to check out the July kits--they're bound to go fast!!


Comments

  1. Where can I find or purchase the mini wooden pieces (mini stars, birdies, hearts etc.)? Love your work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janelle! I find most of my small wood pieces from Joann or Amazon. (They are mostly made by Studio Calico, though the designs are a couple years old.) I hope that helps. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca