gossamer blue inspiration blog hop :: april :: cards and tags


Hi there, all you paper fans!  Have you come for the Gossamer Blue Blog Hop?  You should have arrived from the lovely blog of Michiko Kato if you're going in order--I'm always amazed by everything she does!  Are you having fun with your April kits?  Aren't they just ridiculously happy and bright?!


In particular this month, there were all kinds of journaling card options and I've become a huge fan of the 3x4 cards.  I'm not a pocket page memory keeper, although I've sure seen enough fantastic layouts to wish that I was, but I like the cards because they are the perfect base for greeting cards and layered gift tags.


I couldn't decide this month whether I wanted to make a set of cards or a set of tags...so I made both.  I made 3x4 layouts that can be either.  With the addition of twine or clip, they can be easily attached to a gift bag or package...


...or they can be adhered to a folded card.  Shown here, I simply took a 4x4 card, layered on a 4" doily, and then adhered my ready-made piece on top of that.  All done!



Everything about the kits this month was so 'me'--the colors, the typography, the images.  It's all just incredibly pretty.  And I adore pretty things.  The April kits have really captured the essence of spring, and not just in the Themed Add-On, which happens to be dedicated to the season.  Each kit is happy and colorful and bursting with sunshine.



And then there are the feathers, with which I, like so many others, am smitten at the moment.  These chipboard feathers are part of the Main Kit and the entire time I was working on my projects, I saved them, not wanting to use them on just anything.  That tendency to hoard the best things is not a good one!  What always ends up happening is I save them until they're no longer relevant. 



So when it came down to this, the very last assignment to make with the April kits, I willed myself to use them and I'm happy that I did.  They're much better off ready to be gifted to someone special than they are sitting in a basket waiting to be used.





Thanks for coming by today...I hope you've been encouraged to put the April kits (and maybe even a few supplies you've been hoarding) to good use.  Up next is my friend Sabrina Alery's page where you'll always find something inspiring.

Comments

  1. These are all beautiful!!! You have a way for layering that is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could look at your cards all day! Love how these turned out. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could look at your cards all day! Love how these turned out. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta say...ya make me wanna buy this kit!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca